[ECOS] about the kernel api function : cyg_selwakeup

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 20:40:00 GMT 2000

wangwei wrote:

> Hi:
>    I'm just reading the serial device driver of eCos.
>    In file /io/src/serial.c,the function cyg_selwakeup is used many times .
> But I don't understand what's the meaning and usage of the function and I
> can't find it in the document of the eCos .

It's actually mentioned in the "Guide to the eCos plug-in filesystem
architecture" at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/

It's purpose is to wake up any threads waiting in select(), that are
waiting on fd's associated with serial drivers.