[ECOS] building binutils on NT

Chuck Tuffli charles.tuffli@intel.com
Tue Dec 5 09:09:00 GMT 2000

I'm trying to build an ARM tool chain using cygwin on a windows2000
machine. I downloaded the sources, setup the directories, and applied
the patches without a hitch. configure completes sucessfully (I think),
but when I execute "make -w all install 2>&1 | tee make.out", make outputs

ctuffli@CTUFFLI-MOBL /tmp/build/binutils
$ make -w all install 2>&1 | tee make.out
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\make.exe: Entering directory
`c:/cygwin/tmp/build/binutils'
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\make.exe: Leaving directory
`c:/cygwin/tmp/build/binutils'
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\make.exe: *** No rule to make target
`Makefile.in', needed by `Makefile'. Stop.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks!

binutils 2.10.1
cygwin 1.1.6
gcc 2.95.2-5