[ECOS] Re: eCos PCI problem and NEC vrc4373 build option.

Nick Garnett nickg@cygnus.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 03:34:00 GMT 2000

Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> writes:

> Ling Su wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Jifl, the patch works well in PCI1. The left things puzzled me,
> >
> > <1>. It didn't detect out the another PCI Network card on PCI slot 1, how
> > you every try to plug one card on the board to test?
>
> Sorry I haven't. Nick, any ideas?

Sorry, no.

Thinking about it, I suspect we never tried plugging a card into the
PCI slots on the board. This was never something we needed to do, we
only ever used the on-board PCI devices. However, there should be no
additional software issues, it should just work. So maybe there are
problems with the PCI slots on the board. Are all the power pins
working? Are there any jumpers to change to enable them?

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK