[ECOS] cygmon wedges on ebsa-285 (add-in mode)

Bill Arbaugh waa@cs.umd.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:53:00 GMT 2000

Often cygmon gets into a wedge state on my ebsa-285, the only solution
I've found so far is to reboot the target's host system. Anyone have a
better idea?  Below, I've attached a script of a gdb session where cygmon
is wedged with gdb remote debugging enabled.

The wedges happen when I've left gdb and try to re-enter, and during
debugging when I tried to load a new file.  In the latter case, I usually
get the message "You can't do that when your target is `exec'" from
gdb (even though things were working fine up to that point).  I then
re-issue "target remote /dev/ttyS0", and cygmon wedges as in below.

Script started on Fri Aug 25 17:41:35 2000
[waa@opus examples]$ arm-elf-gdb -nw hello
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb) quit

Script done on Fri Aug 25 17:43:16 2000