[ECOS] Link problem with i386-pc platform

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 08:18:00 GMT 2000

Alex Mathews wrote:
> > The default is so low because we can't assume the amount of memory the PC
> > has. The PC is particularly bad since it can vary so much, so the default
> > assumption is quite low.
>
> I understand this point, and this is something my company will have to
> change because we only run on i386 PCs.  For the most part server level
> PCs.

Oh sure. I just wanted to give the rationale about why it seems so low. Of
course you can change it - that's why we have all the Memory Layout stuff
in the first place :-).

>  My company had a joint press release with Red Hat last week.  I'm
> not sure if you're aware of the news.  The link is below.

Don't worry, I had noticed your address :-).