[ECOS] cyg_io_read

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 05:57:00 GMT 2000

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Fradette <emf8@po.cwru.edu> writes:

Eric> Hi, I am using the function cyg_io_read() with AEB-1, and am
Eric> running into a problem in that it appears that cyg_io_read()
Eric> returns when it encounters 0x0 (the ASCII NUL character).  Is
Eric> this correct?  If it is, how can I keep it from doing this since
Eric> that is part of that data that I need.  Or, is there some
Eric> cyg_io_getc type of function that will retun the character no
Eric> matter what it is.

Which device are you reading from? /dev/ttyX by any chance? Try the
raw device /dev/serX instead.

Jesper