[ECOS] Inside eCos : the new operator

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com
Mon Aug 21 18:48:00 GMT 2000

In this case, I suspect this will fail if the libc is not compiled as a part
of eCos. In another message you mentionned the fact that eCos was not
written with dynamic allocation in mind so I wonder how it handle a
"dynamic" new operator. Does/Can it uses memory pools?

> [...]
> I am not sure what gcc patch you are referring to.

The one I had to apply when building the gnu toolchain for eCos (as refered
in the eCos installation documentation)

Thanks