[ECOS] How to make a ROM bootable eCos for NEC VRC4373 board.

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Fri Aug 18 15:36:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I tried to use to gdbstub to download program onto NEC vrc4373 board, but
everytime I try to set some breakpoints and "continue" to excecute it, the
borad simply hang there. I even can not measure any signal on the PCI bus,
which means the serial port doesn't work anymore.

Now I want to try if the board works find in big endian mode. Probably I can
build some a ROM bootable eCos to test if it runs well without the gdbstub.
Could anyone let me know how to make it, should I just choose the ROM
startup type in the configureation tool? Can I let the output direct to a
serial port so that I can see some verbose log information from a terminal
emulator? Is there any option I can turn on, so that it can display the
booting step clearly?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
-Ling