[ECOS] New to eCos environment

D.S.Phani Kumar phani.kumar@wipro.com
Mon Aug 7 01:25:00 GMT 2000

Hello All,
I am new to the eCos environment. I have just
completed reading the basics of eCos. Now I am planning to port
the eCos to a processor (decided by my boss). Now I have following
oubts.

1) Is there any restriction on the environment
to develop the eCos for the particular processor. Is it ok if I have Windows
NT.

2) What are the mandatory tools (minimum set)
required to start with? One of my friend told me that I require GCC, binutils,
GDB etc etc. I want to know what tools (like GCC, GDB etc etc) without which I
can not continue.

3) Is there any local dealer in Bangalore - India
from whom I can buy the source files (in the CD format). My boss has the CD but
the version is 1.2.1

4) If I start developing with the version 1.2.1, is
it compatible with the latest version. (I heard that the latest version is
1.3.1)

5) Is there any material / website for a fresher
like me!!!

with best Regards, D.S.Phani
Kumar Senior Software Engineer, Wipro Technologies, 26, Sri Chamundi
Complex, Madiwala -II, Hosur Road, Bommannahalli, Bangalore-560 068,
India Tel: 91-80-5722 293/6 Extn: 5367 Fax: 91-80-5722 696 / 5722 073 /
5722 685 E-mail: phani.kumar@wipro.com . URL: