[ECOS] More question on GDB Stub for NECVR4373 board.

Ling Su lingsu@palmmicro.com
Wed Aug 2 13:59:00 GMT 2000

Hello, everyone,

Since I met troubles to burn the gdbstub ROM for NECvr4373 board, I'd like
to looking some help from the list. More specifically, I hope someone can
help answer following questions, Thanks in advance!

<1>. Has anyone successfully run eCos via the gdbstub on NECvr4373 board? I
knew Jifl did it, I'd like to query if anyone else succeed in doing this?

<2>. I observed the PCI bus signal after I mounted  the gdbstub EPROM that I
burned, there is no any active signal showing out there. Since the UART is
on South bridge chip, it must be accessed via PCI bus, this mean something
wrong with my gdbstub or my board. I doubt if my board doesn't work, or at
least not fully functional. (But I am pretty sure the PMON comes along with
the board works very well.) This is the reason I'd like to check if anyone
else successd in burning the GDBSTUB except Jifl.

<3>. Till this step, I have no clue to do further observation, but I'd like
to burn a PCI test program in to EPROM to take a test for the hardware. I
found there are two test cases, pci1.exe and pci2.exe. Could I apply
"mips64vr4300-elf-objcopy -O binary" on them to a binary file, and burn it
to the EPROM to test it directly without gdbstub?

I think <3> is the most urgent one for me. Could anyone drop me a clue?
Jifl, please do me a favor. :)

Regards,
-Ling