[ECOS] is it successful

zhang lczhang@csrd.org
Thu Apr 27 19:41:00 GMT 2000

Hi,to verify both that a hardware target is properly set
up,and that the GDB commands used to connect to the target work properly
on my system, connect to the target by issuing the following commands in
GDB console mode:(as the doc ument
says) (gdb) set remotebaud 38400    (gdb) set
mips-force-32bit-saved-gpregs (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
but I am not sure which target argument I must choose(my
target is pc ),so I ignore the second line ,just using :
   (gdb) set remotebaud 38400

   (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0

then :
     $ gdb -nw thread_gdb
      (gdb) load
      (gdb) continue

however ,on the target ,only lots of odd characters scroll ,so
I do not know whether it is successful or not .
    if it is successful ,what will I do
next?

    And I also want to know whether the program
result will be print on the host screen or the target screen ,and the above
debug can tell us ?
    thanks alot

    olease mails back to
lczhang@csrd.org