AW: [ECOS] booting from floppy about target=x86

Jörg Rapka joerg.rapka@duagon.com
Thu Apr 27 01:03:00 GMT 2000

Hi

That's
fine.
Now
try to connect to the PC target by using GDB.
Connect a serial connection to COM1 of the PC
target.
Be
careful - configure the GDB with baudrate 38400 and use remote serial
connection.
Then
you an download your application (please refer to documentation about GDB,
since
don't have any experience with it).

Best
regards
Jörg

  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von:
  ecos-discuss-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
  [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] Im Auftrag von
  yyl Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. April 2000 09:25 An:
  ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com Betreff: [ECOS] booting from
  floppy about target=x86
  Hi I have finished building the host platform of ecos(1.3.1)
  on RedHat linux6.1 .Now I want to build a target on x86 booting
  from floppy£»How can I do next?
     I have done something followed :

  mkdir /ecos-stub
              cd
  /ecos-stub
              ecosconfig
  new pc stubs
    then I edited the ecos.ecc,modified
  the CYG_HAL_STARTUP=FLOPPY and
    something else. Next:

  ecosconfig resolve
               ecosconfig
  check

  ecosconfig tree
               make
       By the now I found
  gdb_module.img and gdb_module.bin at the directory install/bin. Using the
  command "dd",I copy the gdb_module.bin into a floppy,
  then booting from that floppy,but I only
  saw some odd character.
     Thanks!