[ECOS] RE: [aeb] gdb stubs problems

Gary Thomas gthomas@redhat.com
Sat Apr 22 13:47:00 GMT 2000

On 21-Apr-00 Nicole Cook wrote:

> This may be more of a Cygnus question than an arm question, but maybe
> someone has had this problem before:
>
> I've been trying to download the eCos gdb stubs to my aeb rev C board...
> I'm not having downloading problems (using the stubs 1.3.1 - the stubs
> from 1.2.1 seem to work fine).  I've followed all the instructions given
> on the Cygnus website for downloading, configuring and building, but
> once I've downloaded and plugged in the stubs, running them results in
> either the aeb rebooting back in the boot loader or an Undefined
> Instruction.
>
> So - two questions for anyone who's gotten this to work:
>
> 1) Is the makefile supposed to be uuencoding gdb-module.bin or
> gdb-module.img?
> 2) Is there some kind of bug in the 1.3.1 stubs?

Firstly, it would make more sense for this question to be addressed on the
eCos lists as they are read by eCos engineers.  You're lucky I read this one
as well :-)

A little background may help:
        How did you build the stubs?
        What was the development platform?
        What source package did you install?

BTW - there's really no reason to update the GDB stubs for this platform.