[ECOS] CDL question

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Wed Apr 12 09:15:00 GMT 2000

> You cannot change the default value of some option in another
> package (for the time being anyway), manipulating package
> configury like that breaks encapsulation.
>
> Instead your HAL package should use an appropriate requires
> property, i.e.:
>
> cdl_package XXXPKG_HAL_ARM_WHATEVER {
>     requires CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN
> }
>
> The libcdl inference engine should sort this out pretty much
> automatically, with no user intervention.

Cool, thanks.  The "no user intervention" part was what I hadn't
figured out how to do.

I was using "requires CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN == 1", but that
didn't set the user value, it just warned you when you did an
"ecosconfig check".

> If some user still wants to use little-endian mode on that
> platform (assuming the platform HAL code allows it), you will
> end up with a configuration containing conflicts. This should
> not prevent a user from building the configuration, but there
> will be some warnings.

The hardware won't work right in little-endian mode, and you'd
have to modify the board to get it into little-endian mode
anyway.  So some warnings would be a good thing.  ;)

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com