[ECOS] GDB Stubs ROM problems with New target

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 01:27:00 GMT 2000

>Hi All !
>
>I've a customer MPC860MH Board which features as follows.
>- 1Mbytes Flash Memory(16 bits)
>- 2Mbyte SRAM(32 bits)
>- RS-232(SMC1)
>- Ethernet 10Base-T(SCC1)
>So, I create GDB stubs ROM for this board.( reference to Motorola MBX)
>And Fusing on Flash ROM by BDM.
>But GDB stubs ROM only print '+'.  CPU may be halt.(No action)
>I've tracee the programs, CPU was halted in SMC's putchar function.
>I don't know why CPU is halted.
>Is there somebody has a hint to this problem ?
>
>Thanks for your help.

Where in the putchar function is it halted? Quite likely it's waiting
for some status bit which never changes.  Have you ensured that caches
are disabled for the MPC registers (see hal_aux.c)?

Jesper

PS: Could you please configure your mailer to also send the message in
    ASCII?