[ECOS] Two questions about testing.

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 09:51:00 GMT 2000

Sergei Organov wrote:

> > Also, while not an absolute requirement, if you could avoid using libm
> > functions that would be good so the test can still run if libm is disabled.
>
> I believe trivial FPU operations like +,-,*,/ would be enough, so nothing from
> math library will be involved. As far as I remember, even if target doesn't
> support '*' or '/', the support code resides in the "libgcc.a"

Yep. Another thing I just thought of is that it would be good (if you have
time) to write your test for each of the types float, double and long
double - all should work in gcc.

The only caveat is, of course, not to rely on the format :-). e.g. on some
targets double's are 32-bits (yes, really. Some HW manufacturers should be
shot for specifying ABIs like that).