[ECOS] Two questions about testing.

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 09:39:00 GMT 2000

Sergei Organov wrote:

> I think the test for HAL FPU support should run 3 threads at the same
> priority level that are time-sliced. Two of these threads should perform
> floating point computations, and one should not use floating point (to test
> not yet implemented lazy FPU context switches). I also think this test belongs
> to 'hal/common' set.
>
> Any comments?

A test involving kernel threads should live in kernel/, even though the
functionality being tested is in the HAL. If you put it in hal/common you'd
still have to make it conditional on CYGPKG_KERNEL anyway.

Also, while not an absolute requirement, if you could avoid using libm
functions that would be good so the test can still run if libm is disabled.