[ECOS] tool build

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 08:58:00 GMT 2000

Paul Kinzelman wrote:

> Yes, that was the problem. Sorry for the desperate entreaty. :-)
> I get kind of desperate when something hugely complicated quits.
>
> I had make the tools area be someplace other than '/tools'
> and evidently either messed up, or something doesn't work about
> moving the tools area. I looked and that file *is* on my
> tools area.

Well, there's a bit of extra magic required if your binutils exec-prefix is
not the same as your gcc exec-prefix. Instead of using "--with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld" when configuring gcc, you should instead use
"--with-as=/PATH/TO/arm-elf-as --with-ld=/PATH/TO/arm-elf-ld" filling in
the blanks as appropriate :-).

To try and simplify the build instructions we didn't mention this. Perhaps
we should?