[ECOS] Q: PowerPC HAL '.vectors', ROM/RAM, etc.

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 06:56:00 GMT 2000

Sergei> Well, that's easy to do. However, in my case it is not
Sergei> required to copy vectors - it's required to have '.vectors'
Sergei> section and allocate it at 0xfff00000 by the linker. One
Sergei> solution for this is to define new boolean CDL option, say,
Sergei> CYGSEM_HAL_POWERPC_NEED_VECTORS, with default value
Sergei> (CYG_HAL_STARTUP != "RAM" || CYGSEM_HAL_POWERPC_COPY_VECTORS)
Sergei> and change the condition in vectors.S to use it. The "sim"
Sergei> target and my target then should somehow force the value to be
Sergei> 'true' in its "ram" startup variant. I'm not sure I know how
Sergei> to do the latter in CDL though. How do I do it?

Without looking at the sources, this sounds OK.

You want to look in the CDL writer's guide for interfaces. As an
example see how the GDB_BREAK support is controlled.

Jesper