[ECOS] i686 toolchain

Bart Veer bartv@redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 05:16:00 GMT 2000

>>>>> "Roman" == Roman  <RomanJordan@gmx.de> writes:

    Roman> i have two questions about ecos.
    Roman> 1. Is there a news group for ecos?

Not at this time. Right now mailing lists appear to suffice for our
needs.

    Roman> 2. There is a i686-target for ecos. Is it also possible to
    Roman> run it on i586 target?

A quick look through the sources indicates that anything from a 486
onwards should be supported, although it may not have been tested on
all of these. I can also see #ifdef conditionals to cope with the lack
of FPU etc. on a 386, but as far as I can see there are no CDL
configuration options yet to control this so more work would be needed
- although I may have missed something.

Support for 286 is unlikely, gcc does not really provide support for
anything earlier than a 386.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer