[ECOS] failure of "make tests" for Linux synthetic target

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Mon Oct 25 10:21:00 GMT 1999

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 05:15:13PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > However, extras.o does contain bss[45] sections:
> >
> > > What versions of the tools are you using? i.e. ' i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -v'.
> >
> > $ i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -v
> > Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.1/specs
> > gcc version 2.95.1 19990816 (release)
>
> Either that or the binutils (in particular the assembler) you are using is
> quite different. I've gone through both the egcs and binutils sources and
> can't find where these sections could have come from.

I'll try to take a look at the assembly generated by gcc and see what I can see.

> The only potential difference I can think of is that you'll probably
> be using the binutils splinter sources from H.J. Lu and the
> difference is in there, but not in the binutils mainline.

I'm using binutils-991018 from the cygnus ftp site.  The standard release of
binutils supports only coff for the ARM target, and I wanted to use
elf (I don't remember why -- probably because that's what the standard ecos
setup uses).

--
Grant Edwards