[ECOS] Unix friendly Idle loop

Jesper Skov jskov@cygnus.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 01:16:00 GMT 1999

>> Sounds like a good idea. Two (minor) problems that need attention
>> though:
>>
>> In case CYGIMP_IDLE_THREAD_YIELD is defined, the idle thread loop
>> shouldn't hang (as the select would).

Andrew> But we want select to hang or we don't save anything. We need
Andrew> to be able to interrupt the select when an event happens that
Andrew> could cause a thread to become runable. For the Synthetic
Andrew> target i beleave this can only happen with a signal. Shouldn't
Andrew> select exist when a signal goes off?

>> But you should definitely try it and see how it works. Let us know.

Andrew> Will do.

And he did. Sent a nice patch which does indeed improve things
greatly.

I've applied the change. Should show up in the next CVS snapshot.

Cheers,
Jesper