[ECOS] eCos 1.1
Thu Jan 21 20:29:00 GMT 1999
I finally got a chance to take a look at the 1.1 release. I have a
few questions, if you don't mind.
1. The installation instructions says I need to build a set of
cross-compiler tools to use eCos. Is eCos not usable natively?
I.e. can I not compile the test programs and run it on Linux/x86,
2. Why do version directories exist inside the package directory?
I.e. packages/kernel/v1_1. Is there a plan to use
packages/kernel/v1_2 or packages/kernel/v1_1_1? What is the
advantage of this? Are there plans to use files from different
3. Though the win32 configuration tool looks nice and all, is there
any plans to produce something like the 'make config' tool in
Linux? It is a scrolling question and answer tool.
4. What's with the eCos/prebuilt directory? How and where can I
use these files? You know it takes up one third of the distribution
space, right? ;-)
5. I am interested in porting eCos to my proprietary system. It
does not have an eval board. I didn't read anywhere that describes
how to port to a cpu, rather than to a eval board. Where should I
That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any info...
More information about the Ecos-discuss