[ECOS] Network Support

David J. Fiddes D.J@fiddes.surfaid.org
Wed Feb 10 13:22:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

> Does this mean that there is *no* IP support is eCOS?
> I amplanning on making extensive use of the networking
> capabilities of the MPC860T. Does this mean purchasing
> commercial stacks?
>
> Has anyone ever done this?

I know this is the wrong forum but....

RTEMS (the first(?) Open Source RTOS ;) has a decent TCP/IP stack... and has
a *LOT* of MPC860 people using it. I don't think that anyone has released a
BSP for a generic MPC860 board but I'm sure that getting one together is not
that tough.
As far as RTOSs go RTEMS is somewhere between eCos and a larger RTOS like
vxworks for features. Have a look at http://www.oarcorp.com/ for details.

Dave