[ECOS] Motorola DSP563xx Port

weatp@syntron.com weatp@syntron.com
Tue Feb 9 18:49:00 GMT 1999

     Rick

     I think that many DSP programmers now use 'C' for the most part and
     then optimise a few key loops in assembler.

     Also, the use of a RTOS in DSP application is fairly new for a lot of
     programmers. Sometimes the DSP app is so simple it might be seen to
     not warrant the complications of an OS.

     Peter

Subject: [ECOS] Motorola DSP563xx Port
Author:  Rick Leir <rleir@hymarc.com> at INTERNET_MAIL
Date:    2/9/99 3:23 PM

Here is a plaintive
'Is anyone doing a port to mumbleproc' plea.

What obstacles are in my way with the DSP563xx?
1/ Lack of an egcc port?
2/ No interest becos real DSP programmers use ASM?
3/ Waiting for support from Motorola?

I think this is a nifty little screamer and would like to
help put together a decent set of tools.

cheers -- Rick

--
Rick Leir,  Hymarc 3D Vision Systems      (613) 727 1584 x214
Fast, precise laser scanners.             http://www.hymarc.com/