[ECOS] compile problems under redhat 6.0, glibc 2.1

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 06:57:00 GMT 1999

In article <14243.50388.605021.714597@acsys> you write:
>I've found a comiple problem for the ecosSWtools-990319 package under
>Redhat 6.0.
>
>The problem is that glibc 2.1 defines errno symbols with the same
>value, confusing src/tcl/generic/tclPosixStr.c which assumes that
>each E* symbol has a unique value.
>
>/usr/include/bits/errno.h:28:# define ENOTSUP EOPNOTSUP

This is mentioned in the FAQ at:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/faq.html#problems_linux

and a patch is supplied.

Too late for you :-), but hopefully this is a pointer for someone else.

Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault