[ECOS] Config tool for Linux

Will Bechtel wbechtel@san.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 11:35:00 GMT 1999

I have read about (and experienced) the limitations of the
pkgconf command line tool in comparison to the NT GUI tool.

I am wondering if there is a public schedule for the
development/release of either a like GUI tool for Linux or a more
complete command line tool (one that checks dependencies and provides
more support for fine grain configuration control).

I am running both environments and trying to determine the
best choice for development hosts
in a research lab environment.  It seems that
Linux is better in that it doesn't require the cygwin environment,
and already has many of the other utilties needed for our situation
 (TFTPD, etc).  , and yet the eCos config tool support seems
superior for NT4.

I didn't see this information in the FAQ and don't remember seeing
it elsewhere on the website - I am hoping this information can help
me to make the right long-term choice.

Will Bechtel