.pdf generation error using the "newer" tools
Bill Brooks
wbrooks@lug.ee.calpoly.edu
Tue Oct 10 21:52:00 GMT 2000
Okay,
I'm using the rpm's of the docbook tools. I did a clean install of RedHat
6.2, and followed the recommendation of the page at
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/install.html by de-installing the RPM's that ship
with RedHat and installing the following:
docbook-dtd30-sgml-1.0-6.noarch.rpm
docbook-dtd31-sgml-1.0-6.noarch.rpm
docbook-dtd40-sgml-1.0-6.noarch.rpm
docbook-dtd41-sgml-1.0-6.noarch.rpm
docbook-style-dsssl-1.57-2.noarch.rpm
docbook-utils-0.5.5-1.noarch.rpm
jade-1.2.1-6.i386.rpm
jadetex-2.20-2.noarch.rpm
perl-SGMLSpm-1.03ii-3.noarch.rpm
sgml-common-0.3-1.noarch.rpm
I copied the simple "Hello World" example from
http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro/get-going.html#HELLO-WORLD
into a file called "helloworld.docbook".
As people have mailed this list pointing out, the documentation on the
sources site is outdated, so I had to guess as to what flags would work
with the docbook utilities. Here's what I tried:
docbook2pdf \
? -c /usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml-dtd-3.1/catalog \
? -d /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.57/print/docbook.dsl
helloworld.docbook
Is this right? I'd be happy to mail Mark Galassi a patch to the
http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/ web page that documents how to
use the flags with the file locations where the RPM's put things if
someone can get me started on the right path.
Also, it seems like there is a problem actually producing a .pdf, here's
what I get:
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-3.0.cat,
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml-dtd-3.1/catalog
Using stylesheet:
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.57/print/docbook.dsl
Working on: /home/wbrooks/box/work/foo/helloworld.docbook
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
...are other people able to get this working?
Bill
More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss
mailing list