tei-lite DTD?

Jonathan F. Dill jfdill@jfdill.suite.net
Wed Dec 27 06:36:00 GMT 2000


Hi everybody,

Is there anyone out there using the TEI tei-lite DTD?  I'm trying to
make it work with all of the bits and pieces that I already have from
docbook-tools.  Perhaps instead I should ask on the TEI mailing list if
anyone is using docbook-tools.

I downloaded the tei-lite DTD and Richard Light's tei-lite stylesheets,
but I'm having trouble getting it to work.  I found that some tags were
missing in the stylesheets, like <style-sheet> and
<style-specification-body>, so it would be no surprize if there were
other omissions or errors.

I want to mark up short stories, novels, poems, essays.  I suppose I
could hack DocBook to leave out section headers and other unwanted
items, but that isn't really "kosher" and DocBook does not have some of
the features that I would want, especially for marking up poetry.

If anyone knows of another DTD and stylesheets for works of fiction, I'm
open to giving it a try.  I'm learning, but it would be way out of my
depth to try to build my own DTD.

-- 
"Jonathan F. Dill" (jfdill@jfdill.suite.net)


More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss mailing list