File Conversion

Craig Boone craig@estinc.com
Wed Dec 27 06:36:00 GMT 2000


I've spent the last three weeks giving myself a crash course in DocBook
and SGML.  While I have no question about how to produce accurate SGML
documents, I can't seem to get the conversion techniques nailed down to
the point that I can produce accurate representation of my documents in
printed or pdf form.  The documentation is error-free from the
standpoint of a parser such as nsgmls, yet if I use jade or db2ps or
sgmltools, I can produce dvi and tex output but no postscript.  I get a
bunch of Latex errors and a closing of something like "dvips! - cannot
open dvi document".  I've updated every tool on the system to the most
current version, including jadetex, but have not been able to get past
this issue.  Can anyone please give me an assist?  I have a week before
I have to produce a full-scale technical manual in DocBook and I don't
want to leave any question as to what type of finished product I can
produce.  I've read DocBook, The Definitive Guide, as well as almost
every related piece of literature on the web, but I'm still not able to
come to any type of successful conclusion.

Thanks. 

-- 
Craig A. Boone          craig@estinc.com
Technical Writer        Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.
Ph:  602.470.1115       Fax:  602.470.1116
                        www.estinc.com

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but what
he becomes by it.  -- John Ruskin

Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are
convinced beyond doubt that they are right.  -- Laurens van der Post


More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss mailing list