Some repeated tasks at every update

Fergus Daly fergusd84@outlook.com
Sun Feb 25 17:06:29 GMT 2024

>> A list of those would be useful unless access to your system is available?

Thank you Brian.
For info my very reduced but entirely adequate Cygwin installation (to my purposes) is driven by
setup-x86_64 -P ImageMagick,R,autoconf,automake,bash-completion,bc,binutils,bison,byacc,
coreutils,cpio,csih,cygutils,cygutils-extra,diffutils,dos2unix,e2fsprogs,fdupes,file, findutils,flex,
gcc,gcc-core,gcc-g++,gnuplot-X11,gv,hexedit,joe,libRmath-devel,libX11-devel,
libheif-devel,libheif-tool,libncurses-devel,libreadline-devel,libsqlite3-devel,libusb-devel,
lua,lua-devel,make,mintty,mkisofs,moreutils,mysql,nano,ncurses,patchutils,python,sqlite3,
tcl-tix,tcl-tk-devel,texlive-collection-latex,tree,util-linux,xinit,xorg-x11-fonts-dpi75,
xorg-x11-fonts-dpi100,xpdf
(sorry for the length) (and some of these are probably carried by Base or setup-defined dependencies)
and as a consequence my 12 persistent updates in /etc/postinstall/ are
    zp_hicolor-icon-theme.sh
    zp_fontconfig_dtd.dash
    zp_adwaita-icon-theme.sh
    0p_000_autorebase.dash
    zp_glib2.0.sh
    zp_desktop-file-utils.sh
    zp_fontconfig_cache_1.sh
    zp_shared-mime-info.sh
    zp_man-db-update-index.dash
    0p_texlive_prep.dash
    zp_texlive_finish.dash
    0p_update-info-dir.dash
The requirements adwaita and texlive are the most time-consuming (and perplexing!).
Fergus