ipython failing after last python code update.

Emilio Rojas eorojas@gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:42:31 GMT 2024

I've attached the cygcheckout.out file.

python3.9.18 seems to work fine, but when I run ipython8.18.1 it hangs
after tying any command.

e.g.

*---------~:1671> ipythonPython 3.9.18 (main, Dec 22 2023, 06:22:36)Type
'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more informationIPython 8.18.1 --
An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.In [1]: x=5[just
hangs]----------*

*OTOH*python
python
Python 3.9.18 (main, Dec 22 2023, 06:22:36)
[GCC 11.4.0] on cygwin
>>> x = 5
>>> x
5

*-------------------------*
----------------

P.S. I hope I'm sending this to the correct email address.  I've been using
Cygwin for years (since the late 90s), and I've never reported a bug
before.  The website is opaque. I'm sure you'all are trying to avoid spam,
and perhaps I would have asked annoying questions if it wasn't.  But I'd
actually enjoy contributing. However, every time I consider it, it starts a
bit steep.
Whoever is making Cygwin happen is doing a great job; in almost 30 years,
the tool has been much improved.  Thanks!

Emilio (eo) Rojas
---