[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cpuid 20230228
Cygwin cpuid Maintainer via Cygwin-announce
Sat Mar 4 18:14:34 GMT 2023
The following package has been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* cpuid 20230228
Displays detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from the
CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
do, at about the one line per bit level.
It is updated and released frequently to stay current with Intel and
AMD information and supports other vendors' chips.
See the project home page for more information:
For information about changes since the previous Cygwin release,
see below or /usr/share/doc/cpuid/ChangeLog after installation.
Tue Feb 28 2023 20230228
* cpuid.man: Added Intel Flexible Return and Event Deliver (FRED).
- Corrected 7/1/eax fast REP instructions, where I'd left the REP prefix
out of the description.
- Added 7/1/eax FRED & LKGS bits, from Intel Flexible Return and Event
- Clarified 7/1/eax ArchPerfmonExt, which indicates that leaf 0x23 is
- Added (uarch synth) decoding for AMD Ryzen (Phoenix E0), based on
sample from bakerlab.org, which I missed on Oct 3 2022, when I added
the (synth) decoding.
- Added 0x80000001/ebx PkgType decoding for AMD (10,15) Family 19h CPUs:
(2,1) Vermeer, (5,1) Cezanne/Barcelo, (6,1) Raphael, and (7,0)
Phoenix, based on their respective PPPR's.
- Added very early (synth) decoding for Lunar Lake. There is no
corresponding (uarch synth) decoding, because no name is yet known for
- Added (0,6),(9,10) Alder Lake Core names: i*-12000.
- Differentiate (0,6),(9,7) & (0,6),(9,10) Alder Lake Gracemont E-cores
from Golden Cove P-cores.
- Differentiate (0,6),(11,7); (0,6),(11,10) & (0,6),(11,15) Raptor Lake
Gracemont E-cores from Raptor Cove P-cores.
- Added (synth) & (uarch synth) decoding for (10,15),(7,8) Phoenix 2,
- Renamed print_hypervisor_3_eax_xen to print_hypervisor_3_0_eax_xen.
- Added print_hypervisor_3_0_ebx_xen and decode Xen tsc mode.
- Added (synth) decoding for (10,15),(6,1,1) Raphael B1.
More information about the Cygwin