[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: weechat-4.0.0-1

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Jun 25 15:26:07 GMT 2023

On 25/06/2023 08:35, Sébastien Helleu via Cygwin wrote:
> Version 4.0.0-1 of "weechat" has been uploaded.
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> https://weechat.org/files/doc/weechat/ChangeLog-4.0.0.html
>
> DESCRIPTION
> WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms
> like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (bash/ubuntu and
> cygwin).
>
> HOMEPAGE
> https://weechat.org/
>
> Sébastien Helleu.

Thanks for this update.

There's something unexpected with the dependencies of the ruby and perl
bindings, i.e, weechat-perl depends on perl5_032 when current is 5.36,
likewise weechat-ruby depends on ruby_26 when current is 3.2.

I don't know how you are building these packages, but this seems to
accurately reflect the actual libraries those plugins are linked
against, so maybe you haven't updated the respective *-devel packages in
the installation you are building in?