Cygwin X11 on second (Nvidia) graphics card

Franz Fehringer fehrin2@gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:22:17 GMT 2023

Hi,

I have a question which seems quite natural but i cannot find anything
useful using google & co.
My (business) notebook has two graphics cards, one builtin identifying
as Intel Iris Xe and an additional one, a Nvidia MX550.
I start X11 (xwin) with defaults (-listen tcp is the only extra option).
Using nvidia-smi and the Nvidia activity dialog i see that the Nvidia
graphics card is not used.
Using glxinfo i see that the builtin Intel Iris Xe is used instead.
I already prefer Nvidia over Intel via the Nvidia control panel.
How do i make X11 and OpenGL use the Nvidia graphics card instead of the
Intel one?

Thx in advance

Franz