Package request libinih & libinih-devel

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:09:16 GMT 2023

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 13:49:35 +0000, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 12:32, miloskomarcevic--- wrote:
> >
> > Please package https://github.com/benhoyt/inih as it will be a new dependency for exiv2
> > Thanks, and best regards,
> > Milos & the Exiv2 team
>
> Hi Milos,
>
> I've just attempted to package this for Cygwin.  Are you able to test
> the packaging?  The below command, run from a Cygwin Bash shell and
> assuming you have all the relevant dependencies already installed,
> should install the test package.
>
>     curl -L https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/releases/download/v56-1/libinih-56-1.tar.xz | tar -xJC/
>
> The test scripts seem to pass, but I'm not familiar with the library so
> I'm not able to test it's actually usable as packaged.
>
> If this works, I'm happy to submit this for packaging for Cygwin. If
> not, it'll need someone with more time and energy; I can look after a
> package that builds simply and straightforwardly, but I don't currently
> have the bandwidth to look after something more complex.
>
> Adam

Hi,

I've tried to build exiv2 from the upstream repository [1]
with Adam's libinih package.

Weirdly, this version [1] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-0.dll,
while the current version v0.27.5 [2] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-27.dll.

I guess this change is not intended, but I don't know how to fix it.

[1] https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/tree/842ef05ee60bff765c0402a211971aed53b728cc
[2] https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/tree/v0.27.5

Lem