Package request libinih & libinih-devel

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Thu Jan 5 13:49:35 GMT 2023

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 12:32, miloskomarcevic--- wrote:

> Please package https://github.com/benhoyt/inih as it will be a new dependency for exiv2
> Thanks, and best regards,
> Milos & the Exiv2 team

Hi Milos,

I've just attempted to package this for Cygwin.  Are you able to test
the packaging?  The below command, run from a Cygwin Bash shell and
assuming you have all the relevant dependencies already installed,
should install the test package.

    curl -L https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/releases/download/v56-1/libinih-56-1.tar.xz | tar -xJC/

The test scripts seem to pass, but I'm not familiar with the library so
I'm not able to test it's actually usable as packaged.

If this works, I'm happy to submit this for packaging for Cygwin. If
not, it'll need someone with more time and energy; I can look after a
package that builds simply and straightforwardly, but I don't currently
have the bandwidth to look after something more complex.

Adam