Persistent and same Cygwin session for Windows login and ssh login?

Fri Aug 18 11:50:59 GMT 2023

On Aug 18 12:23, Thomas Wolff via Cygwin wrote:

> Am 18.08.2023 um 10:47 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin:
> > On Aug 17 19:30, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> > > Good evening!
> > >
> > > How can I get a Cygwin session for one Windows login, and get the same
> > > Cygwin session when I log into the same Windows machine via ssh?
> > You can't.  Windows isolates sessions from each other.
> Not quite sure what you mean by session. Maybe you want to multiplex a
> session among terminals (and thus initial logins) with 'tmux' or 'screen'.

I was talking about Windows terminal server sessions, as they show up in
the Windows user token.  I'm not aware that the Cygwin DLL is concerned
with tty session handling apart from keeping track of ptys in use, but
there's a good chance I'm missing something.

Corinna