Unable to use JPEG on imageJ

Fri Sep 23 06:17:13 GMT 2022

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 05:24:50 -0700, Rachel Samantha Brodman wrote:
> I'm trying to generate a multispectral image using the MICA toolbox
> plug-in, and I have been receiving an error message when trying to
> use JPEG images. The error message reads "lookup thread terminated
> with code 1". This public mailing list was provided so I wanted to
> reach out.
 From previous complaints about this, the Cygwin fix is explained here:

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

which basically says you have really outdated software, as does:

http://www.jolyon.co.uk/myresearch/image-analysis/image-analysis-tools/

which suggests you also need to upgrade Java, and maybe also MICA
toolbox from:

	http://www.empiricalimaging.com/download/micatoolbox/
e.g.
	http://empiricalimaging.com/downloads/micaToolbox-2.2.2.zip

as well as ImageJ and newer Java from:

	http://wsr.imagej.net/distros/win/
e.g.
	http://wsr.imagej.net/distros/win/ij153-win-java13-jre.zip

as most of the other versions are years out of date, and older Java
versions have serious security problems, as well as older Cygwin and
Java have issues running on recent Windows, so future support may have
issues.

If you are running on older systems, you may have to install older
versions to run the apps.

You may want to reach out on Jolyon's Empirical Imaging Forums in future
as recommended for more relevant advice from the developers.