How to get setup to *re*install a package from the command line

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Thu Sep 8 14:31:26 GMT 2022

On 9/8/2022 2:00 AM, Christian Franke wrote:
> Eliot Moss wrote:

> If data in /etc/setup is still intact, a quick way with the GUI should be run to the recent 2.921 RC
> release of setup, select the "Up To Date" view and then press and hold Ctrl+R.
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin/2022-August/252146.html

This was very helpful and was able to re-install everything.
inetutils-server balked at how the permission on /var were set,
but once I corrected those, it also finished installing.

Thank you!

Now we'll see if a re-install fixed my issues :-) ...  EM