[ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin 3.3.6-1
Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce
Mon Sep 5 17:35:47 GMT 2022
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
IMPORTANT DEPRECATION NOTES
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Cygwin 3.3 is the LAST major version supporting 32 bit installations.
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin in WOW64 on 64 bit machines, consider
to move to a real 64 bit Cygwin installation in the next couple of
If you're using 32 bit Cygwin on real 32 bit hardware or on WOW64 on
ARM64, don't be alarmed. The current installations including all
Cygwin 3.3.x versions will continue to run on your system. You just
wont get any more updates starting with Cygwin 3.4.0.
- Cygwin 3.4, which will probably be release at some point in late 2022,
will be the LAST version supporting
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
There are no plans to deprecate support for 64 bit systems starting with
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 any time soon.
- Fix an issue that command "cmd /c script -c cmd" crashes if it
is issued in console of Windows 7.
- Fix killpg failing because the exec'ing as well as the exec'ed
process are not in the pidlist for a brief moment.
- Fix mknod (64-bit only), whose definition didn't match its prototype.
- Fix a regression that prevented Cygwin from starting if cygwin1.dll
is in the root directory.
- Handle setting very long window title correctly in console.
- Fix a bug of poll() that it returns event which is not inquired
if events are inquired in multiple pollfd entries on the same fd
at the same time.
- Fix a console problem that the text longer than 1024 bytes cannot
be pasted correctly.
- Fix a pty problem that pty failed to switch I/O pipe to that for
native apps if *.bat or *.cmd is executed directly from cygwin
- Fix a problem that prevented some symbolic links to /cygdrive/C,
/cygdrive/./c, /cygdrive//c, etc. from working.
- Fix a path handling bug that could cause a non-existing file to be
treated as the current directory.
- Fix a crash in newlocale.
More information about the Cygwin