ncurses-demo-6.3-1.20220416 not displaying any output

William Hu purplearmadillo77@proton.me
Fri Oct 21 18:49:28 GMT 2022

Hello,

When trying to run the pre-built examples in the ncurses-demo-6.3-1.20220416 package, nothing happens - the bash prompt simply scrolls to the next line. This happens for all the example programs, not just one.

However, if I compile the ncurses examples from source locally on my machine with Cygwin, they run normally through a Cygwin prompt. Additionally, it seems the previous version (6.1-1.20190727) works fine too, so this seems like a bug in the latest version. I’m running Cygwin on 64-bit Windows 10 - let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
William