SSH connection from Linux to Windows by CYGSSHD: port 22

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Thu Mar 31 13:18:39 GMT 2022

Greetings, Greco Giovanni!

> must port 22 on Windows server be enabled in a bidirectional way to
> establish a connection with RSA key exchange?
> I have a Linux server on a vlan and a Windows server on another vlan, those
> vlans are connected thru a firewall, where port 22 is enabled from Linux
> server to Windows server unidirectionally.
> Connection with user and password works, but not with RSA key exchange: is
> the problem located on port 22 unidirectional enabling?

No, it is most likely because you are connecting to Microsoft provided
OpenSSH.
`netstat -aon` and `ps ax` will tell you more.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...