rsync gives me error 12

Neil Aggarwal neil@propfinancing.com
Fri Mar 25 13:25:16 GMT 2022

> I suspect the `-e ssh` part is the problem here.  That's supposed to
> specify the remote shell, not the method for connecting.  What are you
> attempting to achieve with that?

I am trying to do the sync over an SSH connection.

When I remove it:
rsync --debug=ALL root@marketing.propfinancing.com:/var/www/svnDumps
/cygdrive/c/Tmp

I still get the error:
opening connection using: ssh -l root marketing.propfinancing.com
rsync --server --sender -e.LsfxCIvu . /var/www/svnDumps  (10 args)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226)
[sender=3.1.3]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(228)
[Receiver=3.2.4dev]
[Receiver] _exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=228): about to call
exit(12)

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565, http://www.propfinancing.com
We offer 30 year loans on single family houses!