this must be a common problem, but repeated searching is not finding an answer

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Mar 19 15:11:15 GMT 2022

Clayton Cramer writes:
> I installed everything from the setup program, but executing bc gives
> "The code execution cannot proceed because readline4.dll was not
> found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."  From where do
> I get readline4.dll?

Cygwin's bc does not depend on this library and it would not give you
this error message either.  I suggest you try "/usr/bin/bc" from a
Cygwin shell and then think about what you want to have your PATH look
like.

Regards,
Achim.