Vim gives error message since 8.2.3755-1

Thomas DiModica ricinwich@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 01:11:54 GMT 2022

Since 8.2.3755-1, Vim has given me an error message about being unable to open the defaults.vim file whenever I open a file with vi. I do not see this message with 8.2.0486-1. Notably, vi --version for the last two updates tell me that the user vimrc file is "/home/Marco/.virc", rather than "$HOME/.virc". Possibly, the problem is that I'm the only person who actually uses vi to do simple tasks who doesn't customize it to death. Anyway, it's a nuisance to me, probably will be mysterious to others.

Thanks,
Thomas D