[ANNOUNCEMENT] rebase 4.6.0-2

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:04:40 GMT 2022

On 7/19/2022 10:03 AM, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * rebase-4.6.0-2
>
> This package contains the Cygwin rebase utilities.  Use rebase for
> specific DLLs or rebaseall for all DLLs installed by Cygwin's setup.exe.

I wonder if it's time to retire rebaseall, or perhaps make it a wrapper around
/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash.  Currently rebaseall doesn't take
advantage of the many improvements that Achim has made via the _autorebase
package.  Achim is in the best position to make recommendations in this regard.

Ken