[mintty] Suppress a key completely

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Jul 10 14:30:19 GMT 2022

Greetings, All!

I'm experimenting with programs to replace my current keyboard switcher (which
is good, but do not behave well with "modern" idiotic applications based on
Chromium/Electron).
found one that works nearly exactly as I'd like, but one problem had arisen:
to implement non-intrusive "CapsLock as keyboard switch" functionality, it
using native Windows functionality to remap the key to F24, and use that one
to switch layouts. Everything is good until I launch mintty, where every press
of the key prints "5~" in console in addition to switching the layout.
I suppose it is in its own right on this one (the key is real, after all), but
is there a way to filter the key so that it does not get down to the
applications?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin