dumper does not produce core that gdb recognizes?

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Sat Jul 9 14:23:31 GMT 2022

> I've learned that once I get a setup that seems to be stable

That's what I thought about my 3.2.0 setup, too, but following your own
conclusions about the rolling release, one can never be sure...

Anyways, maybe it's time for me to upgrade.  I did not because it looked
like 3.3 was coming out with a lot of new issues (as people were reporting),
so I just froze all upgrades.  Looks like 3.3 is now stabilized as 3.4 is
getting ready LOL

> This was fixed in gdb-10.1-1 [1] (upstream in gdb 11) and cygwin 3.1.7.

Well, I've got cygwin 3.2.0 (which supposedly was expected to be "good" already)
yet gdb 9.2 at the same time...  Oh well, that rolling release...

Thanks for all the replies, though, I really appreciate it!

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI