[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.919)

Helge Konetzka hk@zapateado.de
Mon Jul 4 04:48:08 GMT 2022

Hello,

Am 02.07.22 um 14:03 schrieb Jon Turney:

> A new version of Setup (2.919) has been uploaded to:
>
>   https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe  (64 bit version)
>   https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe     (32 bit version)
>
> Changes compared to 2.918:
>
> - Fix '-P package-with-only-a-test-version'
>
> - De-clutter the mirror selection listbox
>
> Where a mirror site supports multiple protocols (e.g ftp, http, https),
> don't show URLs for that site which are flagged as redundant in the
> mirror list, unless that URL has already been selected on a previous run.

I used to retrieve updates from http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de mainly
because I am using a http proxy for package caching.

With 2.918 and before on each setup run I had to select
http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de manually, because
https://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de was always selected by default. My
selection was never persisted. No big deal.

But with 2.919 http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de isn't selectable anymore.
Now I need to add it manually on each setup run, because it does not
stay in the list. Thats really inconvenient.

This doesn't match your explanation above. Please have a look!

Best regards
Helge Konetzka